I’ve been meaning to make zuchinni noodles for the longest time now, ever since I got a spiralizer! I LOVE my spiralizer. It’s so easy to use, and it makes eating vegetables fun! Whenever I’m craving pasta, I substitute them for zucchini noodles instead. You can also use carrots, beets, or whatever vegetable fits into your spiralizer.
I would recommend using a food processor; although, I found out today that the person I lent my food processor to, broke it. I didn’t have time to buy a food processor, so I actually used my nutribullet instead. That wasn’t fun. This caused me to take extra time in the kitchen, and I had to add more oil to the recipe.
- 2 thick zucchini
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups cooked shrimp (optional – not vegan)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional – not vegan)
1. Spiralize zuchinni using a spiralizer and set aside.
2. Blend the rest of the ingredients in a food processor. Toss in the avocado pesto with the zoodles (zucchini noodles) and shrimp. Season with cracked pepper and parmesan cheese. You can serve them right away for the raw option, or you can also eat it hot!