Clean Reese’s Peanut Butter cups!
- 1 cup almond butter* (see notes below)
- little less than 1 cup chick peas drained and rinsed
Dark Chocolate* (see notes below)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp honey (depends on how sweet you want it)
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- In a food processor, pulse chick peas for about 3 minutes. Add the almond butter and mix until they combine into a dough-like texture.
- Shape the mixture in balls and place on wax paper. Set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in microwave for about 20 seconds then add the honey and cocoa.
- Dip the balls into the chocolate and place on wax paper. Put it in the freezer for about 2 minutes or until the chocolate has completely hardened
To make into cups:
- Pour some of the dark chocolate mixture into cupcake liners so that it fills the bottom and parts of the sides.
- Put in freezer for about 2 minutes or until chocolate has hardened
- Place some of the chick pea and almond butter mixture into the cup. Then put some more dark chocolate mixture on top to cover to seal the cup. Put back in freezer until the chocolate has hardened.
Makes about 24 balls or 12 cups
about 109 calories per ball
about 217 calories per cup
- substitute peanut butter will give a creamier and sweeter taste (but this is not clean)
- vegan dark chocolate chips can substitute the dark chocolate recipe. Just melt chocolate chips in microwave or in double boiler